Noreen F Weihe, MA, LMHC
Noreen F Weihe, MA, LMHC

About me

My name is Noreen Weihe.

I am a psychotherapist in Seattle, Washington. I have experience in helping people find meaning and happiness in their lives.

A graduate of Seattle University, I hold a Master of Psychology, or MA, degree. I provide psychotherapy for adults, older teens and couples. If you are at ease with me and we can talk together about what is troubling you, real healing can take place.

Adult counseling for depression and anxiety, counseling for anxiety in teens, and help with challenging work and family dynamics are areas of specialization. My experience includes individuals who have suffered trauma, couples who would like to improve communication, parenting issues in divorce and adults struggling to balance work, home and relationships.

I am an LMHC, or Licensed Mental Health Counselor. This is the culmination of several years of face to face therapy experience and intensive supervision. This is a credential granted by the State of Washington. Continuing education and training on a variety of areas keep me current in the field of mental health.

Although I am not treating children at this time, I am a Child Mental Health Specialist, CMHS. This means that I have had many hours of training, supervision and therapy experience with children. I earned this credential after 5 years experience working with children and families at Center for Human Services in Shoreline, Washington. Trauma, anxiety in children, adjustment issues and sexual abuse are some of my areas of expertise. I have worked with children of same-sex parents, children of divorce, foster children and children with developmental delays.

I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in the State of California.

As a Master's level licensed psychotherapist, I do not prescribe medication. I have resources available to help you find a medical doctor or psychiatrist should your treatment require any type of medication. Often the partnership between a medical provider and therapist can be successful as a way to uncover the reasons for your feelings. Please contact me if you are looking for a therapist in Seattle or the state of Washington for couples counseling or counseling for your teen or yourself.

Print | Sitemap
Noreen F. Weihe, MA Seattle. Washington (206) 861-8274